Thursday 20 October
Why choose weight gain in recovery? Why choose recovery?
What Weight Gain Means To Me
Here’s a rather long list I made, which is now a Word Cloud as my laptop screensaver, for motivation for those days where I feel the urge to restrict/go backwards again. We don’t want that!
- Gaining life back
- Meals out
- Nights out with friends
- Christmas time – all the good foods and pumpkin lattes!
- Baking and yummy goodies like pastries and cookies
- Weight going to places I’ve never had: boobs + butt!
- Becoming the best version of myself
- Food freedom – the best experience and relief of my life
- Body confidence
- Lazy days with no guilt
- Movie days with friends/partner
- Travel – trying new cuisines
- Getting my period back
- Having energy I didn’t have during my ED
- New clothes – weight gain means perhaps going up a size or two in clothing, but that means you get to buy lots of new clothes!
- New relationship with the gym – going when you want to/exercising and moving your body the way you want, not the way your ED used to make you think
- Growth + Change
- Spreading awareness for others in starting their own recovery journey
- Making memories (so many god damn memories)
- Birthday parties
- Coffee + cake dates with friends, or study dates alone
- Time to sit and relax, read a book or watch netflix with no need to move/workout
- Retraining my mindset to create one that can focus on other things and not purely food/exercise
- Putting my time and energy in my relationships with others, especially my boyfriend
- Learning new ways to grow
- Social functioning – new energy to spend with friends
- Finally, choose recovery/weight gain to let go of that past you that is no longer serving you. You deserve more than that limiting version of you. You have outgrown her ❤