Hi! We all know by now about the Coronavirus and now it’s come to the point, with death tolls and the number of cases rising, that we are starting to self isolate in order to stop to the spread.
Now that more and more people are staying at home the question is arising: what do we do?? The first answer to that would be to carry on working/studying. Just because you’re not in school doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be doing your homework! Where possible, life should be carried out as normal as possible, even though I know that we are all stressed and anxious about what is to come.
So, here’s a list of other things to do whilst staying at home:
- Write a song
- Do the laundry
- Spring clean!
- Do a movie marathon, for example, my sister and I did a Twilight one not long ago!
- Start a blog 🙂
- Try new makeup looks, even at midnight…
- Online shop, but don’t spend too much money!
- Build a fort in the living room (with mum’s permission of course)
- Bake a cake or cookies
- Design your dream house
- Plan your next road trip
- Binge Netflix – some shows I like at the moment are Gilmore Girls, Riverdale, Money Heist, TVD, Stranger Things, The End of the F***ing World, You and Sex Education (because all of them are so easy to binge watch!)
- Write a book or a short story
- Catch up on social media (but don’t spend all day on it)
- Download TikTok (sounds awful, but it is actually a good way to relieve boredom!)
- Get ahead with school work: be a step ahead and read the next chapter
- Rearrange/redecorate your room. What I tend to do in the holidays anyway is re-do my desk set up about a dozen times. You could put on new bed clothes, re-order your bookshelf, or paint the whole room!
- FaceTime/Houseparty your friends! Stay social, even when ‘socialising’ is kind of banned at the moment…
- Go for a walk and get some fresh air. Go outside once a day, especially since the weather has been so nice recently.
- Do a workout! At least 30 mins of exercise day, but this doesn’t mean you have to do it all in one go. Variety! Workout/walk/dance/yoga as soon as you wake up, so that you feel accomplished and then don’t have to do it later. (For more tips on motivation related to exercise, go to my Top Tips For Motivation Post https://wordpress.com/block-editor/post/pepetoe.net/57 )
I hope that everyone is staying safe and sensible, and following your government’s guidelines/restrictions. Please stay at home and don’t mix with anybody outside those you live with – be smart. I know it can be hard to stay at home all day and not see your friends or go the gym or shopping or out for coffee (or out out), but you must stay inside, not just because it stops the spread, but because it’s what the government has said. Follow the instructions given to you! Just because you are young does not mean you can’t carry it – besides, it’s not about that, its about staying inside to limit the amount of people out. Do what you are told!!
Leave a Reply